The Saguenay Fjord – one of the world’s longest – offers an absolutely grandiose panorama. The Musée du Fjord celebrates this spectacular landscape and reveals its secrets, with unforgettable experiences combining science and culture.
- Dive into these incredibly rich waters as you admire the impressive Fjord aquarium: 53,000 litres of saltwater, home to more than 400 fish and invertebrates. You can even get a first-hand experience in our touch pool.
- Embark on a fantastic Journey to the Heart of the Saguenay Fjord! This new multimedia show lets you see how the fjord formed 900 million years ago. You’ll view it from high above and from its depths, at 278 m.
- History buffs won’t want to miss the Roots and dreams: a fresh look at the Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean region exhibition, which traces the growth of the Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean region from the arrival of the first settlers, in 1838. The Museum also presents a number of temporary exhibitions every year.
- Check out the vivarium, and get a close-up look at some colourful insects, curious crustaceans and other tiny creatures. Fun for visitors of all ages.
- Join one of the scientific excursions. Feel the life beneath your feet as you roam the shore and admire the view from a different perspective!
3346 boulevard de la Grande-Baie Sud
Ville de Saguenay, La Baie borough (Quebec) | G7B 1G2
T 1 866 697-5077 (toll-free)