Located at the shore of the river, in the Regard-sur-le-Fleuve Park, the Biophare showcases the exceptional environment Lac-Saint-Pierre biosphere reserve. The exhibitions are inspired by the rich heritage of the Sorel-Tracy area, aptly termed "land between earth and water".
- Discover the history of an industrious population in the permanent exhibitions L'Observatoire du lac Saint-Pierre and L'appel du large.
- Walk alongside great historic characters, from Iroquoian people to Pierre de Saurel.
- Explore Sorel Islands aboard the Randonnée nature.
- Take part in an underwater journey and discover microscopic specimens characteristic of the aquatic fauna of the Sorel Islands.
- To prepare or conclude your visit consult the six virtual exhibitions: Navigating the St. Lawrence, Histoire d’îles, Flyover lake Saint-Pierre, Waters of life, The human side of lake Saint-Pierre, L’appel du large.
6 rue Saint-Pierre
Sorel-Tracy (Quebec) | J3P 3S2
T 1 877 780-5740 (toll-free)