- This field contains the name of the discipline or science under which the object falls.
- For better search results in your database, avoid a large variety of terms; draw up an authority list and add keywords as necessary.1
- For Quebec archaeology, depending on the object, the expressions "prehistorical archaeology" and "historical archaeology" may be entered in this field to make a distinction between these types of collection.
Record for a 19th-century bottle shard
| Discipline|| historical archaeology|
| ||Object Name||bottle shard|
| ||Period||19th century|
- Enter the name of the discipline under which the object falls.
- This field may contain multiple entries separated by a semicolon followed by a space.
Record for a Roman shield in a museum of weapons and
| Discipline || archaeology; military history|
| || Object Name|| shield|
- For a humanities authority list in the Discipline field, you may consult HARVEY, Kerridwen. Proposal for Expansion of the Humanities National Database. Ottawa: Canadian Heritage Information Network, Documentation Research Group, 1994.