Dating Technique (Dating)
- This field contains the name of the dating technique used to obtain the absolute or relative date for the object.
- For better search results in your database, avoid a large variety of terms; draw up an authority list and add keywords as necessary.
- This field is used in conjunction with the Absolute/Relative Date field.
| ||Object Name|| hatchet|
| ||Absolute/Relative Date||2000 ± 100|
|Dating Technique|| radiocarbon|
- Enter the name of the dating technique in this field; do not use abbreviations.
| ||Object Name||potsherd|
| || Material|| clay|
| ||Absolute/Relative Date||1500 ± 150|
|Dating Technique|| thermoluminescence|
- This field may contain multiple entries separated by a semicolon followed by a space.
| ||Object Name||cauldron|
| || Material|| metal, copper|
| ||Absolute/Relative Date|| 300 to 200|
|Dating Technique||neutron activation; typology|