Site Culture (Site Data)
- This field contains the name(s) of the culture(s) associated with the site.
- This field contains the name of the cultural group that occupied the site or was associated with activities there.
- The terms entered in this field should make it possible to identify the successive occupations of the site over time and associate them with a particular human group.
- For better search results in your database, avoid a large variety of terms; draw up an authority list and add keywords as necessary.
- Enter the name of the culture associated with the site using the adjectival form.
|Site Culture|| Chinese|
- You can use a generic term followed by a specific term when useful for research. In that case, separate the data by a comma followed by a space.
|Site Culture|| pre-Columbian, Zapotec|
- This field may contain multiple entries separated by a semicolon followed by a space. Enter the names of the cultures that have occupied the site starting with the oldest.
|Site Culture|| Paleoindian, old; Paleoindian, recent|
- If you are unsure whether your information is correct, include a space and a question mark after the name of the culture.