Patent Date (Identification)
- This field contains the date on which the manufacturer was granted the patent.
- The patent date generally follows the patent number. These two details are marked on the nameplate on the object.
- This field is used in conjunction with the Patent Number field.
- Enter the patent date in the form YYYY (Y for "year").
- If the month and day on which the patent was registered are known, enter the information in the form YYYY dash MM dash DD, in numbers only (Y for "Year," M for "Month" and D for "Day").
|Patent Date|| 1957-10-25|
- If you are unsure whether your information is correct, include a space and a question mark after the date.
- If the patent date is not marked, leave the field blank.
The nameplate on an ohmmeter shows the patent number 342415,
but no patent date.
| || Object Name|| ohmmeter|
| ||Patent Number|| 342415|
|Patent Date|| |
- This field may contain multiple entries separated by a semicolon followed by a space. They should be entered in the order in which they appear on the nameplate and correspond to the entries in the Patent Number field.
The nameplate on a pressure meter shows the following patent
numbers and dates: 1673524-1897 June 3rd and 1683452-1898
| || Object Name||pressure meter|
| ||Patent Number||1673524; 1683452|
|Patent Date|| 1897-06-03; 1898-05-05|