- This field contains the scientific name of the genus to which the specimen has been assigned.
- For better search results in your database, avoid a large variety of terms; draw up an authority list and add names as necessary.
- Enter the full name; do not use abbreviations.
| || Discipline||ornithology|
| Genus|| Galbalcyrhynchus|
| || Species|| leucotis|
- In accordance with the International Code of Nomenclature, the first letter of the taxon is upper case.
| || Discipline|| botany|
| ||Family|| Pinaceae|
| Genus|| Pinus|
| || Species||strobus|
- Do not use the word "genus" before the name of the genus.
| ||and not |
| ||Genus|| genus Ambrosia|
- If you are unsure whether your information is correct, include a space and a question mark after the name.
- This field may not contain more than one entry.