Specimen Common Name (Taxonomy)
- This field contains the common or vernacular name(s) by which the specimen is known.
- Enter the common or vernacular names of the specimen in this field.
| || Discipline||botany|
| || Genus|| Allium|
| ||Species|| tricoccum|
|Specimen Common Name|| wild leek; ramp|
- This field may also contain former common names of the specimen.
| || Discipline|| botany|
| || Genus|| Betula|
| || Species|| alleghaniensis|
|Specimen Common Name|| yellow birch; curly birch; hard birch; tall birch; gold birch|
- For better search results in your database, avoid a large variety of terms; draw up an authority list and add names as necessary.
- Enter the full name; do not use abbreviations.
| || Discipline|| ornithology|
| || Genus|| Aythya|
| || Species|| marila|
|Specimen Common Name|| greater scaup|
- This field may contain multiple entries separated by a semicolon followed by a space.
| || Discipline||mammalogy|
| || Genus||Lynx|
| || Species||canadensis|
|Specimen Common Name|| Canadian lynx; lynx|