Rock Name (Taxonomy)
- This field contains the name of the rock that is the subject of the record or the name of the parent rock containing the mineral specimen or fossil.
- For better search results in your database, avoid a large variety of terms; draw up an authority list and add names as necessary.
- Enter the full name of the rock; do not use abbreviations.
- Enter the name of the rock first, followed as necessary by a comma, a space and a qualifier.
| || Discipline||petrology|
|Rock Name|| basalt, vesicular|
- If you are unsure whether your information is correct, include a space and a question mark after the rock name.
- This field may not contain more than one entry.