Service Begin Date (Origin)
- This field contains the date on which the object was first used.
- The service begin date corresponds to the date on which the object was used for the first time by the user.
- This field is used in conjunction with the Service End Date field.
- If a range of dates is known, enter the oldest date in the Service Begin Date field and the most recent date in the Service End Date field.
A radio used from 1951 to 1963
| ||Object Name||radio|
|Service Begin Date||1951|
| || Service End Date||1963|
- Enter the service begin year in the form YYYY (Y for "year").
|Service Begin Date|| 1946|
- If the month and day of beginning service are known, enter the date in the form YYYY dash MM dash DD, in numbers only (Y for "year," M for "month," D for "day").
|Service Begin Date||1949-12-14|
- Use the abbreviation "c" (for circa) if the object was first used within a ten-year period, i.e. five years before or five years after the date indicated. Enter the year, a space and the small letter "c".
|Service Begin Date|| 1957 c|
- Use the abbreviation "P" (for "prior to") if the object could have been first used no later than the date shown. Enter the date followed by a space and "P".
|Service Begin Date|| 1905 P|
- Use the abbreviation "L" (for "later than") if the object could have been first used no earlier than the date shown. Enter the date followed by a space and "L".
|Service Begin Date|| 1957-03-14 L|
- If you are unsure whether your information is correct, include a space and a question mark after the date.
- This field may contain multiple entries separated by a semicolon followed by a space. Enter the information starting with the most recent and make each entry correspond to the User field.
A locomotive was put into service on May 12, 1926, by the
Canadian National Railway Company, and was used by that
company until April 5, 1965. The locomotive was brought back
into service by United Aircraft of Canada on June 14, 1966 and
used until it was permanently retired on September 8, 1988.
| ||Object Name||locomotive|
| ||User|| United Aircraft of Canada Ltd; Canadian National Railway Company|
|Service Begin Date|| 1966-06-14; 1926-05-12|
| || Service End Date|| 1988-09-08; 1965-04-05|