Manufacturer Country (Identification)
- This field contains the name of the country of the manufacturer of the object.
- This field contains the name of the country where the head office of the manufacturer is located.
- For better search results in your database, avoid a large variety of terms; draw up an authority list and add country names as necessary. See documentation tip No. 2 (in French only) for bibliographic references.
- This field is used in conjunction with the Manufacturer field.
A statue manufactured by Burton Inc. in Canada
| || Object Name|| statue|
| || Manufacturer|| Burton Inc.|
|Manufacturer Country|| Canada|
- Enter the full name of the country; do not use abbreviations.
A medallion struck by the Roman Bronze Works in the United
| || Object Name||medallion|
| ||Manufacturer|| Roman Bronze Works|
|Manufacturer Country|| United States|
| ||and not |
| ||Manufacturer Country|| U.S.A.|
- If the name of the manufacturer country has changed, enter its current name followed by a comma and a space, and then the name used at the time the object was manufactured.
A chest manufactured by the Cacao Import company in the Belgian
Congo, later known as Zaire, now the Congo
| || Object Name||chest|
| || Manufacturer|| Cacao Import|
|Manufacturer Country|| Congo, Zaire, Belgian Congo|
- If you are unsure whether your information is correct, include a space and a question mark after the country.
A carpet manufactured by the Aurora company, probably in
| || Object Name|| carpet|
| || Manufacturer||Aurora|
|Manufacturer Country|| Turkey ?|
- This field may contain multiple entries separated by a semicolon followed by a space. They should correspond to the entries in the Manufacturer field.
A videocamera manufactured by Canon, a Japanese firm, but the
body of which was manufactured by Brionvega S.p.A., an Italian
| || Object Name||videocamera|
| || Manufacturer|| Canon; Brionvega S.p.A.|
|Manufacturer Country|| Japan; Italy|