- This field contains the number of objects described in the record.
- N.B.: Do not confuse the Quantity and Number of Components fields. Objects are entities that may or may not have component parts. A piece that can be displayed by itself is an object; use the Quantity field. An element whose primary purpose is to complete the object it belongs to is a component part; use the Number of Components field.
A dresser with two drawers
| || Object Name|| dresser|
| || Component Part Names||dresser; drawer (2)|
| || Number of Components||3|
- Enter a whole number, without fractions or decimals.
- Enter "1" even if the object is incomplete, since this part of the object is considered an entity for purposes of the inventory.
Record for a bicycle wheel
| || Object Name||bicycle wheel|
- If you have a number of similar objects, you may create a single documentation record. In that case, the number in the Quantity field will be larger than 1.
Record for a pair of gloves
| || Object Name|| glove|
- This field may not contain more than one entry.