Serial Number (Identification)
- This field contains the serial number of the object.
- The serial number is the production number assigned to each object by the manufacturer.
- The serial number may be in the form of a group of numbers or numbers and letters, and may be preceded by the letters "SER" for "Serial Number."
A model 291S television, manufactured by RCA, is marked "SER:
| || Object Name|| television|
| || Model|| 291S|
|Serial Number|| 3345|
| || Manufacturer|| RCA Inc. (Radio Corporation of America)|
- The serial number may be engraved or stamped on the nameplate or on one side of the object.
- Enter the full serial number, making sure to respect the original punctuation and spelling.
A lamp with serial number D35-7853
| || Object Name|| lamp|
|Serial Number|| D35-7853|
| ||and not |
| ||Serial Number|| d357853|
- If you are unsure whether your information is correct, include a space and a question mark after the number.
- This field may not contain more than one entry.