- This field contains the scientific name of the class to which the specimen has been assigned.
- For better search results in your database, avoid a large variety of terms; draw up an authority list and add names as necessary.
- Enter the full name; do not use abbreviations.
| || Discipline|| ornithology|
| || Phylum/Division||Chordata|
| Class|| Aves|
- In accordance with the International Code of Nomenclature, the first letter of the taxon is upper case.
| || Discipline||entomology|
| || Phylum/Division|| Arthropoda|
- Do not enter the word "class" before the name of the class.
| || and not |
| ||Class|| class Amphibia|
- If you are unsure whether your information is correct, include a space and a question mark after the name.
- This field may not contain more than one entry.