- This field contains the scientific name of the order to which the specimen has been assigned.
- For better search results in your database, avoid a large variety of terms; draw up an authority list and add names as necessary.
- Enter the full name; do not use abbreviations.
| || Discipline||ornithology|
| ||Class|| Aves|
- In accordance with the International Code of Nomenclature, the first letter of the taxon is upper case.
| || Discipline||zoology|
| ||Class|| Mammalia|
- Do not enter the word "order" before the name of the order.
| ||and not |
| ||Order|| order Caryophyllales|
- If you are unsure whether your information is correct, include a space and a question mark after the name.
|Order|| Carnivora ?|
- This field may not contain more than one entry.