Originating Country (Site/Habitat/Origin)
- This field contains the name of the country where the specimen originated.
- For better search results in your database, avoid using a large variety of terms; draw up an authority list and add names of countries as necessary. See documentation tip No. 2 (in French only) for bibliographic references.
- This field is used in conjunction with the Originating Continent field.
- Enter the full name of the country; do not use abbreviations.
| || Discipline||mammalogy|
| || Genus|| Odocoileus|
| || Species|| virginianus|
| || Originating Continent|| North America|
|Originating Country|| United States|
| ||and not |
| ||Originating Country|| U.S.A.|
- If the name of the originating country has changed, first enter its current name, followed by a comma and a space, then the name that applied when the specimen was collected.
| || Discipline|| palynology|
| ||Genus|| Heinsia|
| || Species|| crinata|
| || Originating Continent|| Africa|
|Originating Country||Zimbabwe, Rhodesia|
- If you are unsure whether your information is correct, include a space and a question mark after the country.
|Originating Country|| Italy ?|
- This field may not contain more than one entry.