Quantity Specimen (Specimen/Description)
- This field contains the number of specimens described in the record.
- N.B.: This field is very important for inventory purposes, as it is used to count the number of specimens in a collection.
- Enter a whole number, without fractions or decimals.
| || Discipline||botany|
| ||Genus|| Rubus|
| || Species|| idaeus|
| || Specimen Nature|| flower|
- If the specimen is from a specimen lot that is difficult to count, enter an approximate number in the Quantity Specimen field. Enter a comment to this effect in the Specimen Remarks field.
| || Discipline|| malacology|
| || Species||tumida|
|Quantity Specimen|| 650|
| || Specimen Remarks|| The number in the Quantity Specimen field is an approximation.|
- When it is impossible to determine the number of specimens in the record, enter the number "1" in the Quantity Specimen field and a comment to this effect in the Specimen Remarks field, so as to distort the inventory as little as possible.
- This field may not contain more than one entry.