- This field contains the number of objects described in the record.
- N.B.: Do not confuse the Quantity and Number of Components fields. Objects are entities that may or may not have component parts. A piece that can be displayed by itself is an object; use the Quantity field. An element whose primary purpose is to complete the object it belongs to is a component part; use the Number of Components field.
Record for a knife with a removable blade
| || Object Name|| knife|
| || Component Part Names||handle; blade (2)|
| || Number of Components||3|
- Enter a whole number, without fractions or decimals.
- Enter "1" even if the object is incomplete, since this part of the object is considered an entity for inventory purposes.
Record for a handle from which the cup is missing
| || Object Name||cup handle|
- If you have a number of similar objects, you may create a single documentation record. In that case, the number in the Quantity field will be larger than 1.
Record for a pair of gloves
| || Object Name|| glove|
- This field may not contain more than one entry.