Artist/Maker Other Names (Identification)
- This field contains the alias or alternative names for the artist, maker or designer who created the object.
- This field contains more than one entry if the artist worked under more than one name or if it is a group work.
An installation by Yvon Cozic and Monique Brassard, both better
known under the name "Cozic"
| || Object Name||installation|
| ||Artist/Maker|| Cozic|
|Artist/Maker Other Names|| Cozic, Yvon; Brassard, Monique |
- N.B.: Do not confuse the Artist/Maker Other Names field with the Artist/Maker, Other Artist/Maker and Other Artist/Maker Role fields. Enter the best-known name of the main artist or maker in the Artist/Maker field and the other names of the main artist or maker in the Artist/Maker Other Names field. Enter the names of the secondary artists or makers in the Other Artist/Maker field and the nature of their contribution in the Other Artist/Maker Role field.
A print created by Luc Chartrand, better known as Lucas,
engraved by Alain Lussier
| || Object Name|| print|
| ||Artist/Maker|| Lucas|
|Artist/Maker Other Names|| Chartrand, Luc|
| ||Other Artist/Make|| Lussier, Alain|
| ||Other Artist/Maker Role|| engraver|
- This field is used in combination with the Artist/Maker field.
A painting by Sister Virginie Dion, better known under her name
as a nun, Sister Véronique de la Passion, a.p.s.
| || Object Name|| painting|
| ||Artist/Maker|| Véronique de la Passion, Sister, a.p.s.|
|Artist/Maker Other Names|| Dion, Virginie|
- Enter the family name followed by a comma, a space and the first name.
|Artist/Maker Other Names|| Caliari, Paolo|
- Initials should be followed by periods.
|Artist/Maker Other Names|| Hughes, Edward J.|
- Periods and commas should be followed by a space unless they are followed by other punctuation.
|Artist/Maker Other Names|| Desjardins, J. E.; Desrosiers, Paulette|
- If the artist has a title, enter his or her family name, a comma, a space, first name, a comma, a space and then the title.
|Artist/Maker Other Names|| Pinsonneault, Jean, Father|
- If you are unsure whether your information is correct, include a space and a question mark after the name.
|Artist/Maker Other Names|| Weenix, Jan Baptist ?|
- This field may contain multiple entries separated by a semicolon followed by a space.
|Artist/Maker Other Names|| Larin, Gaétan; Côté, Huguette|