- This field contains the best-known name of the artist, craftsperson or designer who created the object.
- The Artist/Maker field contains the name, nickname or pseudonym by which the person is best known. Do not confuse with the Artist/Maker Other Names field.
| || Artist/Maker Other Names|| Caliari, Paolo|
- N.B.: This field contains more than one entry only for collective works.
| || Object Name|| installation|
|Artist/Maker||Poirier, Anne; Poirier, Patrick|
| ||Title|| Le Temple aux cent colonnes|
- If it is not a collective work, you should use the Artist/Maker, Other Artist/Maker and Other Artist/Maker Role fields together. Enter the name of the main artist or maker in the Artist/Maker field, the names of the secondary artists or makers in the Other Artist/Maker field and the nature of their contribution in the Other Artist/Maker Role field.
A print created by Louise Solange Lacasse and engraved by Derek
Smith. The print is entitled Quand les poules auront des dents.
| || Object Name|| print|
|Artist/Maker|| Lacasse, Louise Solange|
| ||Other Artist/Maker||Smith, Derek|
| ||Other Artist/Maker Role|| engraver|
| || Title|| Quand les poules auront des dents|
- Enter the family name followed by a comma, a space and the first name.
|Artist/Maker|| Borduas, Paul-Émile|
- Initials should be followed by periods.
|Artist/Maker|| FitzGerald, Lionel L.|
- Periods and commas should be followed by a space, unless they are followed by other punctuation.
|Artist/Maker|| Roy, C. A.; Parker, Louise|
- If the artist has a title, enter his or her family name, a comma, a space, first name, a comma, a space and then the title.
|Artist/Maker|| Chabert, Joseph,
- When the creator of a work is in doubt and the work has been attributed to an artist, indicate the name of the artist, a space and "attributed to".
|Artist/Maker|| Beaucourt, François Malepart de, attributed to|
- If you are unsure whether your information is correct, include a space and a question mark after the name.
- When the name of the artist is unknown and no research has been done to identify him or her, leave this field blank.
| || Object Name||photograph|
- If, even after conducting research, you are unable to determine the name of the artist or maker, enter "unknown".
| || Object Name||painting|
- This field may contain multiple entries separated by a semicolon followed by a space.
|Artist/Maker|| Morrice, James Wilson; Kelly, Gerald|